1.Personal Information Protection Policy
2.Rights to the Service and Contents
(1) Intellectual Property Rights
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government owns all intellectual property rights such as copyrights, trademark rights, and design rights related to all photos, logos, images, videos, text, music, and other contents contained on this site. Additionally, the entire official website of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is subject to copyright as an editorial work, and both are protected by the Copyright Law.
However, if there are owners of intellectual property rights other than the Tokyo Metropolitan Government for any information posted, the rights belong to the respective owners.
Apart from permission by the administrator, the use of the contents of this website, including duplication, diversion, reprinting, electromagnetic processing, transmission, distribution, transfer, lending, secondary use, and all other similar acts, is strictly prohibited. Except for cases permitted under copyright law, such as “reproduction for private use” or “quotation,” unauthorized reproduction or diversion is forbidden.
In principle, regardless of whether it is for a commercial or non-commercial purpose, anyone is free to link to this site. However, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or other companies (persons) may request the removal of links to websites that come, or might come, under any of the following categories.
- If the website carries content intended to defame, slander or discredit the Tokyo Municipal Government, other companies (or persons), or other organizations
- Any content that infringes or is likely to infringe upon intellectual property rights including copyrights, trademarks, property, privacy, portrait rights, or other rights of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, other companies (or persons), or other organizations.
- If the contents from this site are displayed in ways, such as within frames that make it unclear that they belong to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and may cause misunderstanding to third parties
- In addition to the above, if there is a risk of violating laws, ordinances, regulations, or public order and morals, or causing interference to the operation of this website
- If links are created without permission using logos, marks, etc. owned by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
- Linking to this site in a manner that misleads or misidentifies the source of information.
This website does not recommend, endorse, nor take any responsibility for the content of pages of other organizations or individuals linked to this site.
Please be aware that the URL of this website is subject to change without notice. Please note that the Tokyo Metropolitan Government will not be liable for any compensation or complaints related to other links.
(1) Recommended Environment
We recommend the following browsers for safer and smoother use of this website.
(a) Microsoft Edge latest version
(b) Google Chrome latest version
(c) mac OS Safari latest version
(d) iOS and Android standard browsers (smartphones)
(2) Technologies Used
- SSL (TLS)
To reinforce our website’s security level, we use TLS encrypted communication for certain services. In order to benefit from these services, the user’s web browser must be compatible with TLS1.2. Personal information entered by the user, such as name, address, or telephone number, is automatically encrypted before being sent or received by using a browser that supports security functions. This way, even in the rare instance that a third party intercepts the transmitted data, there is no need to worry about the contents being stolen. Please note that depending on your firewall or other settings, you may be unable to use the relevant pages.
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
To view PDF files, Adobe Reader by Adobe Systems Incorporated is required. Please download the latest version, if Adobe Reader is not installed on your device, or if the contents of the website do not display properly.
- SNS (Social Networking Service)
(3) Information Security Policy
Aiming to continue our business based on the trust of users and fulfill our social mission as a government agency, this website protects information assets from threats.
- By implementing essential safety measures, we strive to prevent unauthorized access, destruction, falsification, loss, leakage, etc. to maintain the safety and accuracy of information assets.
- We comply with the Tokyo Metropolitan Government's Cyber Security Policy, as well as laws, regulations, and other rules in handling information assets.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will ensure the information is handled under appropriate management when outsourcing the processing of information assets.
- To maintain and enhance information security, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government will establish a system for consistent improvement.
For better management of this website, access logs recorded on the server of this site may be used for surveying usage trends (e.g., aggregation of access numbers) but not for identifying individuals. Please be aware that the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is not responsible for the standards or the handling of personal information on other companies’ websites linked to this site.
We do not give any guarantee whatsoever for the completeness or accuracy of the information posted on this site. Without notice, the information on this site is subject to change. We do not assume any responsibility for direct or indirect losses caused by the use of the information or content on this website.
When using this site, the following acts are prohibited.
- Interfering with or hindering the operation of this site
- Acts that are or may be offensive to public order and morals
- Acts in violation of laws, regulations or ordinances
- Acts that cause or may cause damage to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or third parties
- Acts that infringe or may infringe upon the rights or interests of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government or any third party
- Actions that place an excessive load on the network or system of this site
- Unauthorized access or attempts to illegally access the network or system of this site
- Promoting, advertising, publicizing, soliciting, or using this site for sales activities
- Collecting information about other users of this site
- Using or providing harmful programs such as computer viruses
- Any other acts that violate or may violate laws, regulations, or ordinances
- Any other acts that the Tokyo Metropolitan Government considers improper
(3) Changes to the Terms
Without notice, the content of this Site Policy is subject to change or deletion.
(4) Governing Law and Court of Jurisdiction
Unless otherwise specified, the use of this site and this Site Policy shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Japan. Over any disputes in regards to the use of this site, the Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance.
(5) Other Precautions
- The communication fee for accessing and browsing this website shall be borne by the customer.
- This site is neither provided nor sponsored by Google.
- If this site cannot be used or information is leaked or other damage or loss occur to users or third parties due to maintenance or malfunction of services provided by external services, users' communication terminals or by telecommunications carriers, etc., the Tokyo Metropolitan Government shall not be held liable.
- Furthermore, the Tokyo Municipal Government shall not be liable for any dispute arising between a user and a third party through the use of this site. The user shall resolve the dispute at the user's own responsibility and expense and not cause any loss or damage to the Tokyo Metropolitan Government.
6.Policy on Cookies
Cookies and similar technologies are used on this site to gather certain information for enhancing the users’ web browsing experience and for site improvement. This Policy explains how we handle the collected information.
(2) About Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are data generated and sent from a website and stored as a tag on a user's device to remember and identify the specific device when the user connects to a website using the same device. Acquiring information such as the number of times a user's device has visited a website and also the non-website sites visited in the past is possible by using cookies. Users can disable cookies and similar technologies through their browser settings by following the instructions below.
(3) Tools Utilized, Information Accumulated, and Purpose of Use
Following are the explanation of the tools used on this site, the information acquired by using these tools, and the purposes such information is used for.
Tool provider: Google Inc.
Information to be collected: Users’ website activities (access status, traffic, routing, etc.)
Purpose of use: To enhance user-friendliness and to improve the site
To deliver notifications (or advertisements) to past visitors to our website when they browse certain pages, Google will also collected and utilized data of your usage status of our website.
Pease refer to the following link for details:
- How Google uses the information acquired from sites and applications that use Google services (external link) https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=ja
Information is also available about Google Analytics at:
- More information regarding Google Analytics (external link) https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
・ Google Custom Search
This website conducts measurements using Google Custom Search provided by Google Inc. aiming to improve the usability and content of the website.
The use of Google Custom Search is based on the terms of service of Google Custom Search.
- Google Custom Search terms of service (external link) https://support.google.com/programmable-search/answer/1714300?hl=ja&ref_topic=4513742
・YouTube video embedding
If you view a website with YouTube video contents embedded, the website’s browser automatically sends the URL of the page you have accessed, your IP address, etc. to Google.
For details, please refer to the following link.
- Use of information by Google that has been collected through websites or apps using services provided by Google (external link) https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=ja
(4) About the Cookies Obtained
Google Analytics: A tool for analyzing website usage
Google Custom Search: Search tool for websites
YouTube: video embedding
(5) How to Delete or Disable Cookies and Similar Technologies
How to Delete All Cookies
Until you intentionally delete them or until their respective expiration dates, cookies stored on your device will remain. Although most popular browsers are set to accept cookies by default, users can delete cookies in their browsers. For deleting cookies in each browser, please refer to instructions on the following links.
- Google Chrome (external link) https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=ja
- Microsoft Edge (external link) https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/4027947/microsoft-edge-delete-cookies
- Apple Safari (external link) https://support.apple.com/ja-jp/HT201265
By clicking below and opting out, you can disable the use of ad delivery cookies. However, if you switch browsers, delete cookies, etc., you will need to opt-out again.
By using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Add-on, the Google Analytics tracking can also be blocked.
- Google Analytics Opt-Out Add-on https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=ja